What if (everything just “quit”)
Not so far-fetched. A great deal of everything (the stuff) most of us consume comes from “somewhere else” so… if “somewhere else” was not longer sending us stuff to consume, we’d be unlikely to find a bunch of our usual stuff.
- sugar (unless we have a maple or birch woods to tap – in which case, great)
- salt (unless you’ve already spotted a natural salt lick, or live by the sea, or in a hot, arid place with brine lakes)
- lamp oil and kerosene
- teas except from locally harvested herbs (like mint)
- rubber bands (or any kind of rubber, for that matter)
- guitar strings
- ball bearings
- bandaids (except those you make yourself, from ripped cloth)
WHAT WOULD YOU MISS MOST? And how would you substitute with something made or found locally… perhaps with the help of others, or as a community enterprise?